Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Safe and sound

Just a quick note to let folks know that we're safely ensconced in Hvergerði. Today was a typical Icelandic day - we had various sorts of weather ranging from rain to sun, though luckily nothing difficult. As you can see from the photos, we made good use of the day in spite of our jet jag, exploring Geysir, Gullfoss (photos to come), and Þorlákshöfn. (I've been mostly shooting film, so I may be posting less that on previous trips; at least until I run out of film!) Looking forward to the arrival of the rest of the group, but enjoying the exploring beforehand. Tomorrow will be a long run, hopefully we'll be making it all the way out to Vík and Dyrhólaeh as well as Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss along the way. Should be fun, but please don't hold it against us if we're too exhausted to post tomorrow evening...!

3 comments:

  1. Drive shouldn't be too far for you tomorrow, but get some sleep! Wish I was going with you to Vik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, talking about jet lag, since I'm two hours ahead of you, I think, I won't get much sleep, if I wait for your famous midnight posts in real time. So don't think you are safe, before you checked for my comments next day ;-) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting that we'll be joining you soon! Nice teaser pics.

    ReplyDelete